This guide helps spontaneous disconnects of WiFi connection to TM4. This is aimed for PC users, since we have not experience with iOS devices having WiFi connectivity issues with TM4.
There are 3 different approaches. If step 1 does not solve your problem, then progress to step 2 etc., until your issue has been solved.
- Change the WiFi channel on your TM4
- Update your WiFi Drivers on your PC via Device Manager
- Use an external dongle USB dongle to your PC
1) Change the WiFi channel on your TM4
- Connect to your TM4 via WiFi
- Open a webbrowser and type 172.30.20.1 in the address bar followed by enter
Click Login on the login screen (no password needed)
- Open the menu Setup and then click Wireless.
- Select a different channel either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz depending on what WiFi network you have choosen previously
- Click Apply
- Connect to your PC again
2) Update your drivers on Your PC.
- Open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Click your WiFi network card
- Right Click your Network Adapter and choose Properties, and select the Driver tab.
- Verify that the Driver version is according to the latest recommended version from your PC manufacturer.
- Update Driver if the driver version is not the latest recommended version from your PC manufacturer.
3) Use WiFi Dongle
We have tried testing with Linksys AC1200, Linksys AC580, TP-Link 802.11ac with success.
- Install the USB dongle and follow the manufacturers guidance for installation.
- Open the power plan in Windows
- Click the change advanced power settings
- Open the USB settings, and disable suspend setting for both battery and plugged in