Operator Training Manual and Troubleshooting Guide
Connect to the Tagging Screen
- Connect to a network
Upon arriving at the stadium, connect to the same Local Area Network (LAN) as the TrackMan desktop (preferably with an ethernet cord).
- Access the tagging screen
Open the Internet Explorer browser and type into the URL bar the IP address followed by
/trackman.online.baseball. If you did not receive an IP address, please follow the steps below.
Troubleshooting - How to locate the appropriate IP
Note: If the TrackMan IP address provided to you does not work, follow these steps to locate the appropriate IP.
- Open a new tab in Internet Explorer and type into the address bar com/whatismyip
- Click “Allow once” to grant tmbaseball.com permission to track your physical location.
- Use the location IP address identified on the page to connect to the tagging screen.
Note: If tmbaseball.com displays an incorrect ballpark location, click the Show More
Locations button to find the correct ballpark.
If you are unable to connect to the tagging screen using your tmbaseball.com IP address, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
Set the Game Tagging and Lineup
- Select the Baseball Game Tagging option to start a new game.
- Determine the level of play (based on different events/tournaments).
- For scrimmages and workouts, select ‘Team Exclusive’ from the game classification dropdown menu.
- The Continue Baseball Game Tagging option should only be used to re-enter an existing game.
- The Export, Review, Report option allows you to review, upload, and create reports of completed games before they are uploaded.
- The TrackMan Data Dashboard option gives you a visual representation of the data as it is recorded.
Set the Lineups
- Select a team from the dropdown list.
- Insert players and positions into the appropriate slots.
- If a player is missing from a roster, return to the tagging screen main page and select the Update Rosters from mytrackman If the rosters do not update after the option is selected, you can use the Manage Team feature to search for a player in the database.
Note: If you experience tagging problems and are unable to get a complete team roster, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
- Highlight and categorize all applicable sections for each pitch delivered.
- Do not tag warm-up pitches. To pause tracking, select the ‘Pause Tracking’ option in the top-right corner. Remember to select the ‘Unpause Tracking’ option to resume tracking of live pitches being delivered.
- Pitcher/Batter – Verify you have selected the correct pitcher and batter.
- Be thorough in recording the correct number of outs. It is recommended you continually verify the TM scoreboard (top-left corner) matches the actual count, outs, inning, and batter.
- Once the 3rd out is recorded, press Ok on the advance innings popup screen to advance to the next half inning.
- Only use the Manual Advance inning button if you fall behind on innings while tagging.
- If you make an error that needs correcting, make a note in the box located at the bottom left-hand corner, and then edit the data between innings or post-game.
- The count will advance automatically. Keeping an eye on balls and strikes is a good way to stay in sync with the game.
- If you get out of sync, you can change the count from the game tagging screen simply by clicking on the current number and re-entering a new number.
- If you change the count, the count in the box should reflect the count prior to the next pitch being thrown.
Delete Pitches and Edit Tags
- If you track an action that is not an actual pitch, click Delete Pitch before the next pitch is thrown.
- If the pitch is stored before you can delete it, select the pitch from the history window and click Delete.
You can edit any tag for pitch, including the count, batter, pitcher, situation, and result by
- Highlight the pitch you want to edit, then click Edit.
- Make the changes, then click OK.
- If you are unable to make the change during the game, add a note on the tagging screen as a reminder and make the change once the game is finished.
In-game Roster Management
- Pitcher - Click the dropdown menu and select a new player.
- Batter - Click Sub Batter and select a new player.
- To add a player from a different roster, click Manage Roster to search for the player in the database.
Adding Players During a Game
- Click the Manage Team
- Enter the players last name and click Update List. If you find the player missing from the roster, click the left arrow in the middle of the screen.
- If you are unable to find a player, call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
End the game, generate reports, and upload
- When the game is over, click End Game.
- On the next screen, you will click the classify original This step will fill the auto pitch tag
column in the CSV file. After the pitches are done classifying, click the Save and Exit button.
- Important: Prior to clicking the Upload button, it is highly recommended you export a copy of
the game results into a file CSV format. After the Upload button is selected, the game results
will become hidden on the local computer.
- To generate a report(s), select the game, and then click the Report button on the right side of
- At the “Setup Report Filter” popup menu, select the type of report(s) required. Many report options are available. Report details are listed at the end of the manual.
- Report based on a specific team.
- Report based on one or all pitchers from a team.
- Tagging Source:
- If you tagged pitch types during the game and want reports based on this information, select the “manual” tag.
- If you did not tag pitch types during the game, select the “auto” tag.
- Select all or specific reports for:
- Game report
- Contact report
- Location report
- Release report
- Sequence report
- After you have finished generating your reports, click the Review
- At this screen, click the Upload button to send the official game file to TrackMan.
Tagging Rules and Definitions
- Ball Intentional - Should be used for balls issued on intentional walks and pitchouts.
- Foul Tip Strike Three - Should be labeled Strike Swinging.
- Strikeout Wild Pitch - If batter goes to first base on a Strikeout/Wild Pitch, you should record the pitch as a “Strike.” Remove one out manually from ‘Scoreboard’ (top-left corner).
- If a strikeout-wild pitch occurs with two outs, do not end the inning and switch teams.
- Ground Ball - Ball hit on a downward angle resulting in a rolling or bouncing ball.
- Line Drive - A low-flying fly ball.
- Fly Ball - Ball hit in the air caught or could have been caught by outfielder.
- Pop Up - Ball hit in the air caught or could have been caught by infielder.
- Fielder’s Choice -
- If the batter reaches base on fielder’s choice where an out is recorded, indicate a
“Fielder’s Choice” and record the number of outs on the play.
- If the batter reaches base on a fielder’s choice without an out being made, indicate a “Fielder’s Choice” and no outs on play.
- Catcher’s Interference - Should be recorded as “In Play,” and “Error.”
- Runner Picked Off - Click the Pickoff button that is located above the ‘Hit Type’ box. This button is only visible when there is a runner on base.
- Runner Caught Stealing/Advancing a base - Indicate the pitch call and then click the caught stealing button that will appear below the ‘pitch call’ tab.
Troubleshooting - Common Radar Problems
Problem: The system is not tracking pitches.
- Verify equipment was NOT unplugged or disrupted in the system.
- Restart the browser and go back into the current game by selecting the Continue Baseball Game Tagging
- If this does not work, restart the computer and get back into the game. If these options do not fix the problem, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
Problem: A “Radar Not Connected” message appears on my screen.
- Verify all cords are plugged in correctly.
- If system is set up correctly, all four lights on the Icron extender will be illuminated. The colors on the silver Icron box – starting with power – should be blue, green, green, orange. If any of the lights are not the correct color or not illuminated, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
Problem: The batter and hitter are on the same team.
- If this occurs, end the game and start a new game.
- Manually change the inning, count, and other game information to the correct situation.
Problem: I’ve received an “Error Fetching Game History” popup message while connecting to the tagging screen.
- Refresh the page to see if tracking resumes.
- If tracking does not resume, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
Problem: I’m unable to save tags.
- Verify you only have one (1) tagging screen open, and a second tagging screen is not open on a different computer.
Problem: I’m unable to generate a report after a game.
- Please reference the directions in this manual on how to generate reports.
2. If you have any questions, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
Problem: I need players added to my roster, or any other roster changes.
Solution: Email email@example.com with the players that need to be added.
Problem: I have game reports that have the wrong dexterity.
Solution: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the game date and the players that need to have their dexterity changed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How early should I arrive before a game?
It is recommended you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the start of a game. This will allow you extra time to get onto the tagging screen, set the lineup, and verify the radar is connected.
How do I know if the radar is connected?
When you first get onto the tagging screen, a popup will appear alerting you that the radar is not connected.
What should I do if I cannot find a player on a team’s roster?
Select the Manage Roster button which is detailed on page 11 in this manual. If you are still unable to locate a player, please call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652.
When should I use the “Store Tag” button?
You should use the Store Tag button after a pitch is thrown and you have tagged correctly what had occurred on that pitch. Important: It is essential to store the tag before the next pitch is thrown. The tagging app automatically stores the previous pitch when a new one is recorded.
What should I do if I have trouble getting the “Store Tag” button to work for me?
This situation can occur for different reasons such as: 1) poor internet connection or 2) having multiple tagging screens open at the same time. If this situation occurs, please notify the TrackMan IT staff as soon as possible at 480-757-7652.
What should I do if I am running late or unable to attend a game?
It is highly recommended that you contact the TrackMan IT staff immediately so other arrangements can be made, including requesting TrackMan to activate the radar remotely prior to the start of the game.
What should I do if I upload a game, but then I’m asked by a coach or team official to create a report immediately after the game?
When you upload a game, you can no longer view the information on your local computer. As a best practice, we recommend you create any reports that you need prior to selecting the Upload Game button. If you need a report created after you have uploaded the game file, simply call TrackMan Baseball Support at 480-757-7652 and request a report.
Live Client Support Specialists
Available Every Day
Chat / Online Support: trackman.zendesk.com
- Release Velocity Trends
- Release Slot
- Report Summary
- Game Averages
- Average Velocity by Inning
- Hit Locations
(broken down by ball-in-play type)
- Pitch Locations
(broken down by ball-in-play type)
- Release Height Trends
- Release Side Trends
- Release Velocity Trends
- Spin Rate Trends
- Average Spin Axis by Pitch Type
- Release Angle by Pitch Type
- Release Slot by Pitch Type
- Hits Relative to Release Slot
- Outs Relative to Release Slot
- Balls Called Relative to Release Slot
- Strikes Relative to Release Slot