The TrackMan can operate over different connection protocols (Wi-Fi and Ethernet/LAN), and this article will guide how to setup the connection between TM4 and PC with the most stable connection.
There are two options to hardwire the TrackMan unit:
1) Plug the TM4 directly to the PC via Ethernet cable
2) Plugging the TM4 through your router using Ethernet cable. Link to separate article about this setup can be found here
If the TM4 is connected to the network via router, you can still be connected to both internet and the TrackMan unit, while using the Camera app wirelessly from other iOS devices over WiFi.
1) Plug the TM4 directly to the PC via Ethernet.
If you put a cable directly from the TM4 to the PC, you must enable service discovery (“Turn on network discovery”) for both guest and private networks, as illustrated below. This will allow the TM4 to get an IP address on the PC.
- Go to: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
- Turn on network discovery for "Private" network
3. Turn on network discovery for "Guest or Public"
4. Once connected, it will show as an “Unidentified network” on the Ethernet adapter.
5. Open File Explorer and go to "Network". If you are prompted for turning on "Network discovery", please do so.
6. You will now see any TM4 that is connected to the PC via Ethernet.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.