This FAQ describes using a TrackMan internal tool and caution is advised. You may render the B1 non-functional if you change/edit other settings than outlined below. Generally, we recommend you only use this tool after speaking with a TrackMan support or sales representative.
You can change the (radar) frequency of a B1 system if you run into interference issues when using multiple adjacent B1 systems on practice mounds/cages or near by other systems that utilize radar (other ball-tracking systems, possibly even some speed guns).
Configuration options and simultaneous B1 systems:
- All B1 systems are shipped pre-configured with 4 frequency groups- either groups 15,16,17,18 or groups 19,20,21,22. In this configuration you can use up to 4 adjacent B1 systems concurrently following the placement matrix later in this document.
- B1 systems with firmware version >=1.3.1 have an option to unlock additional frequencies to enable you to use up to 12 adjacent B1 systems concurrently. Unlocking frequencies requires you to contact TrackMan Support.
How to change the frequency for each B1:
- Connect your iPad/desktop to the B1 wifi:
- Open internet settings
- Find serial number of desired B1
- Enter desired B1 specific password (default is “password”)
- In the browser go to http://172.30.20.1
- Tap the login button on the web page. The site has no password - your B1 should already be secured by using a wifi password
- On the web-page click Setup->Advanced
- At bottom of screen there is a drop-down for Frequency Set. NOTE: Your B1 system will either have frequency group (15,16,17,18) or (19,20,21,22). If you have unlocked additional frequencies you will have a and b variations of some of these (15a,15b etc)
- Change the frequency of the B1 per configuration matrix at bottom of the page.
- If you run 1 B1 you can use any frequency
- If you run two adjacent B1s then you must lane 1, 2 or lane 3, 4 combo from below
- if you run three adjacent B1s you must use lane 1, 2, 3 or lane 2, 3, 4 combo from below
- Click "Apply". This will reboot the B1. If you have calibrated before the change you will need to calibrate again. NOTE: This may take few moments. When the green light on the front of the unit is blinking, it is ready to connect.
At this time (February 2020), you can reliably run up to 12 B1's simultaneously using below placement matrix. Additional B1's may create reflections that impact tracking signals for reliable tracking. NOTE: Each adjacent parallel B1 must be at least 10ft. (3m.) separately measured from center-to-center.
NOTE: When using multiple B1’s next to each other. Separate XX, XXa and XXb units as far apart
If you have any questions please contact your TrackMan sales/support representative.